When should you use bulk edit, how to use it effectively, and common mistakes to look out for
The logistics industry is a highly dynamic one, and there are so many situations which requires a dispatcher to quickly adapt.
- When re-routing to a different destination.
- When a voyage port call is retimed.
- Updating new targets for backlog work.
To edit on an item level click on the eye icon at the far right of an item.
Doing this opens the item editing page which allows the dispatcher to make changes to the item.
Bulk Task Edit
In situations where changes are required on more than one tasks, Yojee Bulk Edit gives the dispatcher a faster and flexible way to edit one or more specific task requirements. Here's how:
Step 1: Select tasks to edit
- Open the Items screen.
- Switch to task view. Addresses, timing, or contact information are stored on a task level in Yojee.
- Use the filtering function to narrow down on the tasks you're trying to edit.
- Select all tasks by selecting the checkbox above all the other checkboxes.
NOTE: When an order is created with multiple items sharing the same step details (e.g. pickup at same address at the same time frame), these steps are internally grouped into an order step. Grouped steps are updated together even if they are not explicitly selected for editing.
Step 2: Decide what to edit
- From the toolbar, click on the Edit button.
- Choose the fields that you want to edit, and click NEXT.
- Provide the system with new values to update the selected tasks.
CAUTION: A field that is selected for editing will be updated to the new values even if left blank on this step
Step 3: Review and confirm the editing plan
Review the number of edits to be done, and the intended change, then click CONFIRM.
Editing assigned or transferred items
Tasks can be edited as long as they have not been reported to be completed or failed.
If you're unable to edit an assigned or transferred task, please contact your local system administrator or Yojee at email@example.com to discuss further as this could be turned on or off for your Yojee slug.
Time window related validations
For an edit to be successful, the following time window criteria has to be observed.
Date From must always be before Date To
Dates for preceding steps must be before the selected times. Similarly dates for the later steps must be after the selected times. System allows overlapping pickup and drop offs. However drop off cannot be before the pickup