How to set up rule based dispatching
To effectively automate any dispatch there are two elements
- Setup Saved Filters (what orders require automatic dispatching)
- Setup Dispatch Rules (what needs to be done on these orders)
Note: Only NEW orders loaded into the system are subjected to automatic dispatching. Orders that have been declined or returned by a driver or partner does not automatically dispatch.
1. Go to Manage and select Planning then Saved Filters from the menu options. Click on Add Filter to create a new filter
2. Enter the criteria for when the filter should apply
- Type the name of the filter
- Select the service type(s)
- Select which zone or hub
- Choose your sender(s) & SAVE
Next step is to apply this saved filter to a dispatch rule!
1. Navigate to Dispatch Rules from the menu option Planning and select Add Rule
2. Select the criteria for your rule.
- Create the name of your rule
- Select the saved filter from the previous step
- Choose the Action you would like to use, in this use case we are transferring to our Downstream Partner
- Select your Partner and SAVE
Congratulations! You have now setup and auto transfer rule!
Did you know that the Dispatch Rules are not only for Transferring, but you can also setup rules to apply for auto assignment to a driver, or closest driver, and you can even setup certain orders to Broadcast!
Ask us how at email@example.com ✉️